November 12, 2019
ULC is pleased to announce the release of a two new eLearning courses, CAN/ULC-S536-04: The Canadian Standard for Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems and CAN/ULC-S537: The Canadian Standard for Verification of Fire Alarm Systems. These courses are intended for individuals looking to gain a better understanding of the inspection, testing and verification procedures of fire alarm systems in Canada. Upon completion of these courses, you should be able to:
- Define the requirements for testing, inspecting and verification of a fire alarm system outlined in CAN/ULC-S536-04 or CAN/ULC-S537
- Describe the testing procedures outlined in CAN/ULC-S537 to confirm the operability of fire alarm system and all of its components
- Describe the Detailed System Test and Inspection Records used to facilitate the inspection process found in Appendix E
- Define the procedures for inspecting and testing individual field devices outlined in CAN/ULC-S536
- Identify verification report forms used to facilitate verification process
- Identify and describe the verification procedures for system modifications
This course is applicable to multiple roles and levels in an organization, including but not limited to:
- Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Fire Alarm Engineers
- Fire Alarm Manufacturers
- Fire Alarm Service Companies
- Fire Alarm Technicians
These course’s flexible online format gives you the ability to expand your technical knowledge and earn CEU’s at your own convenience!
For more information about the CAN/ULC-S536-04: The Canadian Standard for Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems or CAN/ULC-S537: The Canadian Standard for Verification of Fire Alarm Systems eLearning course and other available training courses, check out our Knowledge Services Training Catalog.