ULC is pleased to announce the release of a new eLearning course, CAN/ULC-S537: The Canadian Standard for Verification of Fire Alarm Systems. This course is intended for individuals looking to gain a better understanding of the testing and verification procedures of fire alarm systems in Canada. Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define the requirements for verification of a fire alarm system outlined in CAN/ULC-S537
- Describe the testing procedures outlined in CAN/ULC-S537 to confirm the operability of fire alarm system and all of its components
- Identify verification report forms used to facilitate verification process
- Identify and describe the verification procedures for system modifications
This course is applicable to multiple roles and levels in an organization, including but not limited to:
- Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Fire Alarm Engineers
- Fire Alarm Manufacturers
- Fire Alarm Service Companies
- Fire Alarm Technicians
Over the course of three modules, this training will review key inspection and testing procedures found in the Standard, with a focus on the detailed verification reports found in Appendix C of the Standard itself. The course’s flexible online format gives you the ability to expand your technical knowledge and earn CEU’s at your own convenience!
For more information about the CAN/ULC-S537: The Canadian Standard for Verification of Fire Alarm Systems eLearning course and other available training courses, check out our Knowledge Services Training Catalog.